Friday, January 11, 2013

A new spoon (or two)


So, the other day I found a very interesting-looking spoon on the internet.   Here are the pictures of it:


An unusual shape, and I'm not sure about the utility of it, with the low sides that reduce the bowl's volume, but it looks way cool.  So I decided to try it.

Here is what I made:




You can see that the bowl of my spoon does not have sides quite as low as the idea spoon.  I haven't used it yet, but it is so pretty to look at.

Here is my second version of it.  It is more practical than the first version because the bowl is wider and thicker and doesn't dip down on the sides.






I will post something later about the handle of this one.

1 comment:

Laughter No Surname said...

I'm not sure that low sides impair the utility, as most of the time a spoon is used for scooping semi-solid food.