Saturday, November 17, 2012

a couple of butter spreaders



After Laughter posted pictures of butter spreaders, I got obsessed with them.  Here are the first that I am willing to share publicly.  The small one on top is maple.  The larger one on the bottom is sycamore from my back yard.  The grain on that it gorgeous, so I had to show you both sides.

As for Laughter's thoughts about creating, let me say that his 3-part division of hobbies is brilliant.  He needs to explain it more, the way he explained it to me a little while ago.

4 comments:

Laughter No Surname said...

The sycamore really is beautiful, but it looks like you have the pith running through the center. Any radial cracking? And, I will follow up on that last post. It was getting longer than a single sitting, so I stopped.

Supplanter No Surname said...

No pith, just a blemish. Plenty of blemishes. I figured it's not going to be under any stress, so they didn't matter; they just add visual interest.

Cami and Jer said...

I want to know if the tablecloth was made or bought. Not related to your post, but it's so darn cute!

Supplanter No Surname said...

Laughter - no radial cracking. The wood was already bone dry. And Cami - the tablecloth was made. Ask my wife.