Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Now every chair is a work chair!




I have a comfy chair by the fireplace. Not only that, it is leather and totally manly. The only problem is that it was only good for sitting in and reading, or dozing off. I needed versatility, or else sitting there would be unmitigated pleasure. Thank goodness I decided to make this lap desk! The top is 5/8 inch plywood and used to be a cabinet door, and the cushion is a pillowcase filled with foam beads and stapled in place. The paint job is not what I hoped for, as the fresh red paint caused the ancient existing paint to bubble up and crack, but it is functional. Now instead of just enjoying my sweet chair by the fireplace, I can get some work done!

3 comments:

Jacob and Jaime said...

I want a manly leather chair by the fireplace. I want a manly leather chair away from the fireplace. Mostly, I want a manly leather chair.

Cami and Jer said...

Jacob, you don't have a fireplace. But that is definitely a manly chair. And I really like how you made the writing desk. The pillow case is genius, Isaac.

Cami and Jer said...

Turning your favorite nap spot into something now used for work...that's just sick. Seriously, almost diagnosable even! (Is diagnosable a word? Good thing this isn't a blog about grammer and stuff!)--Jer